Karabakh repels another commando raid: Two Azeris, one Armenian reported killed in fresh clashes -
Nagorno-Karabakh’s military stopped another reconnaissance-sabotage group from infiltrating into the republic’s territory last night, killing at least two Azeri commandoes and wounding one. The NKR Ministry of Defense said one Armenian soldier, Erik Gasparyan, was killed during the clashes.
According to the statement issued by the Ministry, the incident happened in the southern direction of the Line of Contact at about 2.55 am on May 28.
“The Nagorno-Karabakh Defense Army’s frontline units, timely spotting the movement of the special detachment, took retaliatory actions, inflicting considerable losses on the enemy, driving it to its former positions,” the Defense Army press service said.
The NKR Defense Army extended condolences to the family and friends of the killed Armenian soldier. Investigation is underway to establish the details of the incident.
According to the report, the NKR military continues to control the situation along the entire Line of Contact.
At least two Armenian servicemen, including a lieutenant-colonel, have been killed and one wounded along the Line of Contact in southern Karabakh since early last week. In the meantime, last week the Karabakh military already reported one successful repulsion of an Azeri reconnaissance-sabotage group’s infiltration attempt. It said at least three Azeri commandos were wounded then.