All paths to Karvachar to be mined, says Armenian DM -
All possible paths leading from Azerbaijan to Karvachar will be mined, Defense Minister Seyran Ohanyan said during today’s meeting of the government, speaking about the situation created in the wake of last week’s sabotage activities carried out by Azeris in the Armenian-controlled district of Nagorno-Karabakh.
At Prime Minister Hovik Abrahamyan’s request, Ohanyan presented the current situation, saying that since 1994, when a ceasefire agreement was signed, Azerbaijan has created tensions in the frontline with its regular shooting and sabotage-reconnaissance operations. He said that all members of the group that infiltrated into Karvachar had been found due to the cooperative efforts of the army, interior and national security agencies.
“Today the Defense Army has stepped up its service in the frontline. Corresponding measures are being taken among the population so that the people be reassured that the army solves the tasks set to it,” the minister said, as quoted by media.
At the same time, Ohanyan confirmed that the second arrested Azerbaijani saboteur is suspected of killing 17-year-old Smbat Tsakanyan, a Kelbajar resident who was missing for days before being found dead, with fatal gunshot wounds, on Tuesday.